Lost Email

Donkey Hottie donkey at fredriksson.dy.fi
Tue Dec 4 14:14:21 UTC 2012

04.12.2012 15:31, David Fletcher kirjoitti:
> On Tue, 2012-12-04 at 08:01 -0500, terry at leetuckert.net wrote:
>> Greetings:
>>
>> I have moved from Kubuntu 11.10 to Ubuntu 12.04. I was using Kmail and
>> made a backup of all that using akonaditray. I have the file but I am
>> not able to import it into Kmail on Ubuntu 12.04. Does anyone have any
>> pointers to help solve this problem?
>>
>> Thanks...
>
> Stop using client software to store your email and move it all to an
> IMAP server. The advantages are numerous.
>
> I made the move a couple of years ago and have no regrets.
>
> Dave

+1

I made this move 10+ years ago, and it has worked wonderfully. I have
had numerous different clients after that, and the email is on the
server is not affected by the client setups. Currently I use two
clients: ThunderBird + Squirrelmail, and TB in many separate machines.

Currently that server is my own and the disk is on a RAIDed NAS, but I
may move that into an Amazon EC2 virtual machine some day when I want to
get rid of own servers.

--

You will overcome the attacks of jealous associates.