Setting up console-setup to be permanent? - finally SOLVED

Csányi Pál csanyipal at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 20:34:56 UTC 2012

Tom H <tomh0665 at gmail.com> writes:

> On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 2:17 PM, Csányi Pál <csanyipal at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Tom H <tomh0665 at gmail.com> writes:

>>> WAG: Did you rebuild the initramfs?
>>
>> Manually? No, I didn't and I don't know whether any of commands abowe
>> in this thread did it.
>
> For the currently-running kernel:
> update-initramfs -u -k $(uname -r)

I did run that but not helped.

What I did follows.

I red
/usr/share/doc/console-setup/README.gz
==============
ADVANCED USAGE
==============

I did a copy of the /etc/init.d/console-setup file from my previous
Debian system (I can reach them mounting it's partition) in to
/etc/init.d/console-setup.console-setup.init
because I have yet a console-setup file there on my Ubuntu system.

I created a symlink:
/etc/rcS.d/@S06console-setup
that link the file:
-> /etc/init.d/console-setup.console-setup.init

My /etc/rcS.d/ directory on my Ubuntu system has followings:
 README
@S05keymap.sh
@S06console-setup
@S25brltty
@S37apparmor
@S55urandom
@S70x11-common

After I reboot I finally get the console as I did setup it before
reboot.  Thank you all for support!

--
Regards from Pal