Ubuntu Software Center

Bill Stanley bstanle at wowway.com
Sun Aug 26 18:13:07 UTC 2012

I want to install some software but I am finding that of the software in
the Ubuntu Software center (USC) is horribly out of date.  For example,
the Scribus desktop publishing program on USC is version 1.3.3.13svn.
Since I use it on other computers, Scribus is now at version 1.4.1.  It
is available on the Mint Software Repository and I would like to
download it from there.  I assume that since Mint and Ubuntu are so
close, there will be few problems using either software repository.  I
have several questions.

1.  What is the address of the Ubuntu Software Repository repository?  I
would like to add that to the Mint computer software sources.

2.  Does anybody know the address of the Mint Software Repository?  I
would like to add that to the Ubuntu computer.

3.  What is the best way to add these repositories to the repository
search list?

Bill Stanley