dpkg: error processing postfix (--configure)

Avi Greenbury lists at avi.co
Sun Aug 26 01:40:09 UTC 2012

Thufir wrote:
> I had completely forgotten about changing that file.  For now, at
> least, is postfix installed correctly?

Yeah, it looks good. MySQMail isn't happy, though:

> Setting up mysqmail (0.4.9-7build1) ...
> The postinstallation script of MySQMail couldn't find /var/lib/dtc/
> saved_install_config
> you will need to run dpkg-reconfigure mysqmail once DTC is installed
> in order to have
> mysqmail working. I will exit silently but you MUST do the above.
> MySQL debconf configuration missing: will silently exit now.
> Please do dpkg-reconfigure mysqmail once DTC is installed in
> order to have mysqmail working.

I've never seen MySQLMail; it looks like it's not going to interfere
(since the config it needs shows up in that diff and so is presumably
not also in the main.cf that you're using) but if it is it's worth
knowing that one way you can cause mail to a domain to sidestep any
virtual config is to list it in mydestination. That way it gets
processed as if it were for local users, so will be put in mailboxes in
home directories and, generally more usefully, will be subject to the
contents of /etc/aliases.

--
Avi