problems with 10.04 upgrade to 12.04

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Fri Aug 24 20:09:07 UTC 2012

Dave Howorth wrote:
> > After this operation, 4248kB of additional disk space will be used.
> > Do you want to continue [Y/n]? n
>
> If I say yes to that question, it says:
>
> E: Could not perform immediate configuration on
> 'python-minimal'.Please see man 5 apt.conf under
> APT::Immediate-Configure for details. (2)

Searching for the error message gives [1] as a result. That blog post suggests the command

apt-get -f install -o APT::Immediate-Configure=0

I hope that works for you as well.

Nils

[1] <http://blog.rimuhosting.com/2011/08/27/could-not-perform-immediate-configuration-on-already-unpacked-util-linux-
please-see-man-5-apt-conf-under-aptimmediate-configure-for-details/>