UEFI BIOS and resume/suspend

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 24 16:26:04 UTC 2012

On 24 August 2012 15:54, Colin Law <clanlaw at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On 24 August 2012 15:36, Steve Flynn <anothermindbomb at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 24 August 2012 14:48, Colin Law <clanlaw at googlemail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I thought there might be something in the BIOS settings to control
>>> this but apparently not.  I am wondering whether it is up to the OS to
>>> control it.
>>>
>>> Any ideas anyone?
>>
>> You've disabled all "Wake on keyboard", "Wake on Lan", etc. options in the BIOS?
>
> There are no such options, nor anything similar.  Not that I can see anyway.

I have found this link which seems to be getting me on the right track [1]

If I write disabled to the file
/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1a.0/power/wakeup and then suspend the
keyboard no longer triggers a resume.  I got the device code by
unplugging and reinserting the keyboard and running dmesg.
Unfortunately when I power cycle it gets set back to enabled, so there
must be something writing to it at boot.  No idea what at the moment
though.

[1] http://bernaerts.dyndns.org/linux/220-ubuntu-resume-usb-hid

Colin