Firefox stalling, ...again

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Mon Aug 20 08:06:36 UTC 2012

On Monday 20 August 2012 03:56:07 Ric Moore did opine:

> On 08/19/2012 09:19 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > On Sunday 19 August 2012 21:18:03 Ric Moore did opine:
> >> This is making me crazy. Anyone else experiencing it stall? I've got
> >> 16 gigs of memory, so when it's not loading from the net, the darn
> >> thing should be right. no prob with Chrome. Ric
> >
> > I'm having some site stalls out here in the toules, but FF is always
> > ready to load the next site that has a big enough pipe over the whole
> > path.
>
> This was stalling when all the net activity was done loading the page.
> When I scrolled down the page, it would freeze ...just long enough to
> make me crazy. So, I figured a shout would be appropriate before I
> started filing a bug. Thanks Gene ... Ric

Now that I AM seeing. I think FF is busy doing background rendering of
stuff off screen to the bottom since (heavens forbid) nobody puts the
damned story, or in some cases not even the headline, high enough on the
page that its visible when the page loads. Now that IS a PIMA.  And
aggravating.  Since they track you, I have been known to spoil their fun by
clicking on another link and going on as a means of sending a message.
I've also been known to hit the reload key 200 times when cbs wants to show
me a slide where a video is supposed to be.  Scroooooom.  Yeah, I have an
attitude about that sort of thing for the simple reason it doesn't have to
be that way.  In any event, I'm not sharpening my fingers at FF, but at the
web composers taking orders from advertising execs who don't care how
pissed the viewer is as long as he gets a click on the commercial.  And I
miss a lot of stories because the damned commercial is 40 db louder than
the story audio.

There, I feel better. :)

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)