I'm in a vicious cycle trying to post a bug

Phil Dobbin bukowskiscat at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 14:50:14 UTC 2012

Mika Suomalainen wrote:

> On 15.08.2012 00:21, Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
>> I am trying to post a bug to launchpad. I have an account, and I
>> can sign into it, but the list it shows of what I'm "authenticated"
>> for is just 3 things.  Nothing points at bugs.
>
>> If I go to bugs directly as I used to do (
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/ ) I'm not logged in and it sends
>> me back into the cycle.
>
>> How do I get this done?
>
> Press ALT + F2 and write "ubuntu-bug <package>" (replace <package>
> with package, which contains the bug) and then press enter.
>
> If you aren't able to do that, use
> http://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/PACKAGENAME/+filebug?no-redirect
> where you replace "PACKAGENAME" with the package, which contains the bug.
>
> The first method is recommended, because it automatically gathers some
> required information from your system.

I've just filed a bug against Ubuntu's version of etckeeper using the
method ALT + F2. Simple. Gathers the relevant information as mentioned,
then you just proceed to answer the questions it asks & then you fill in
the details of the bug.

Cheers,

  Phil...

--
currently (ab)using
CentOS 6.3, Debian Squeeze, Fedora Beefy, OS X Snow Leopard, Ubuntu Precise