installation problem

Jared Norris jrnorris at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 03:02:54 UTC 2012

On 14 August 2012 17:55, Colin Law <clanlaw at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On 14 August 2012 08:22, Kishan Mehta <kishan_mehta at ymail.com> wrote:
>> Hi ,
>>       I want to install ubuntu 12.04 along side Windows Xp using wubi. I
>> have ubuntu setup on
>> my hard disk . But when I run wubi it starts downloading ubuntu again. I
>> dont want to download
>> ubuntu again as I have limited internet plan. Please Help.
>
> Best not to use wubi, it is ok if you just want to try it but is not
> good for real use.  Better to install as a dual boot setup.
>
> Colin

I wholeheartedly agree with Colin here, I have no idea in what
situation WUBI would be considered best case scenario and never
recommend it for anything. If you're looking for how to dual boot
Ubuntu with Windows then there is already a detailed wiki page
available to help you through the process at
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WindowsDualBoot

That page will show you how to go about setting up a dual boot
environment so Windows and Ubuntu can coexist peacefully.

--
Regards,

Jared Norris
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/JaredNorris