What the heck is vino_server?

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Tue Aug 7 08:29:51 UTC 2012

On Tuesday 07 August 2012 04:28:11 Basil Chupin did opine:

> On 07/08/12 17:57, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > Greets all;
> >
> > I ask because I noted the machine was a bit slow, glanced at gkrellm
> > to see that cpu3 was pinned at 100%.  Switched to the htop screen,
> > and its been that way for 33 hours according to htop.
> >
> > I sent it a sig_term, was ignored, so I sent it a sig_kill, it died,
> > and nothing else is complaining.
> >
> > It has no manpages, so what exactly is this thing?  Some new kind of a
> > viri?
> >
> > Cheers, Gene

> BC

That thread seems to apply to 10.10, this is 10.04-4 LTS.  If its a
backport, great, but on 10.04-4, it still needs TLC.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
Nullum magnum ingenium sine mixtura dementiae fuit.
	[There is no great genius without some touch of madness.]
		-- Seneca