2 different distros using same /home with same user

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 19:42:37 UTC 2012

On 08/06/2012 01:58 PM, Liam Proven wrote:
> On 6 August 2012 18:50, Tom H <tomh0665 at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> This is a tad pedantic, but true, which is the specific reason I
>>> advised the OP /not/ to use this combination.
>>
>> Pedantic but accurate. That's why.how I have GNOME 3 installed with
>> both Unity and GNOME-Shell, happily so.
>
> Yes, I've done that, too.
>
> But from 2 different distros, sharing the same A/C & home dir? *That*
> was the question being asked here.
I doubt seriously that you could have Ubuntu and Fedora/Red Hat sharing
the same dot-config files. I wouldn't begin to try, it would all end up
in tears, there is no telling which is running what, and when. Your
machine would be doing the digital equivalent of "Who's on second?" :) Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html