Mount/unmount Problem

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 18:33:33 UTC 2012

On 04/30/2012 11:26 AM, Shereef Muhamed wrote:
> I can mount or unmount partitions only as root.How the user can mount or
> unmount volumes.I am using ubuntu12.04.Can you helo me?

That is generally considered a root-user-only privilege. A user can
eject a CD/DVD only because the user belongs to the group "cdrom".
So, that limits the use to only approved users and not the world.

You might consider a similar scheme to allow only certain users to
mount/umount partitions/disks. But you sure wouldn't want the "world" to
have such access. Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html