clean upgrade, what is the minimum

p.echols at comcast.net p.echols at comcast.net
Mon Apr 30 17:36:40 UTC 2012

Greetings all:

I am planning on upgrading my netbook by doing a clean install and restoring portions of /home from backup.  But my intention is to restore as little as possible to eliminate years of cruft.  From my /home/patton directory, all I think I need (aside from documents of course) is my email .thunderbird and .ssh for my various keys.  In another thread, it was suggested to include bits and pieces from /etc and /var.  What would I need from those directories?  Is there something else I'm missing?

Thanks

PE