Settings for power button in 12.04

Gilles Gravier ggravier at fsfe.org
Sun Apr 29 10:03:54 UTC 2012

OK... This is going to be the last question I ask today... :)

I have a machine with no "suspend" key on the keyboard, but I want a
quick "power-button-sends-the-machine-to-sleep" suspend option (and I
will do a full power off from the system menu...

So... How can I configure what happens by default when I press the power
button? I can configure easily what happens when I close the lid of my
laptop (Nothing or Suspend or Hibernate if that is enabled in the
device)... But how about pressing the power button? How can I tell it to
do something directly, and not prompt me for what I really want?

Gilles
(actually enjoying 12.04 so far, got 3 machines - 2 laptops and a
desktop on 12.04 ... still waiting a bit for the main home server as not
sure all apps will work yet)