Unity Greeter privacy issues and configuration

Gilles Gravier ggravier at fsfe.org
Sun Apr 29 09:55:43 UTC 2012

Hi!

At first I thought that having my background automatically display when
I pick my name in the new 12.04 Unity Greeter a nice touch... but...
it's a serious privacy issue. Imagine I have an adult-only picture on my
screen and my kid comes to log in on his account. When the kids selects
profile and goes right over my name, something bad happens.

I want to be able to disable the display of MY session background from
the login screen.

And for that matter, I would love to get back to a login screen that
shows user icons...

So... anybody know how to configure Unity Greeter?

Thanks,
Gilles.