Touchpad non-functional after first login on Toshiba NB505

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Sun Apr 29 08:21:44 UTC 2012

On 29 April 2012 02:57, Matthew Brace <ismarc31 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey folks,
> I have a Toshiba NB505 netbook and previously had Maverick installed.  I did
> a fresh install (including completely clean /home partition) of 12.04 and
> everything went well (including wifi working out of the box now!).  After
> the install completed, got to login screen, everything working fine.
>
> Shortly after logging in (around when I hit alt-f2 to launch a terminal),
> the touchpad completely stopped responding.

Do you remember whether it worked when booted off the live CD?  If it
did then check whether that still works.  If you don't remember then
try it anyway as it may useful to know.

Also try logging on as a different user and see whether it works.
That might tell you whether it is settings for the user or a system
wide problem.

Colin