Window manager problem with Gnome classic - version 11.10

Bill Stanley bstanle at wowway.com
Sat Apr 28 18:51:17 UTC 2012

Well I'm back with another problem.  I got the Gnome classic option
running for a while and I thought I could live with it.  Now a problem
with the window manager has occurred.  Until this is resolved, I can run
only one program at a time.  I haven't tried to run multiple programs
because the single existing prrogram window "hides" the icons and
launcher.  I'll try to describe the symptoms.

1. There is no border to the window.  As such, there is nowhere for the
mouse pointer to "grab" the window border to resize it or to move it.
Being no border, there is no window title, close, minimize or maximize
icons to click on.

2. The window always opens on the upper left corner thus hiding any
program launchers.  I can't click on them because the one existing
program is located over them and I can't move the window.

3. I can operate pull down menus but I can't click on these menu items
because the menu closes when I try to move my mouse pointer there.

Fortunately, the other user accounts on this computer works OK.  It
seems to be a window manager setting that affects the main computer user
account. Any information on how to fix this situation would be helpful.

Bill Stanley