Ubuntu 12.04: Compiz Segfault

Lawrence Houston ubuntu at greenfield.dyndns.org
Sat Apr 28 14:14:46 UTC 2012

Ubuntu Users:

After upgrading from Ubuntu 11.10 to Ubuntu 12.04 the 3D Unity Interface
NO longer works, therefore I am restricted to using the 2D Interface.
Syslog is reporting Compiz Segfaults, with compiz.desktop respawning too
quickly...  After the Coloured Background appears, that is wiped clean
leaving a "Blank" Screen...  Very occasionally a Compiz Error pops up,
although that disappears before I have time to read or interact with it...

Graphics Card is an NVIDIA GeForce 6200 and I had the same "Problem" with
either of the currently available NVIDIA Drivers installed...

Any IDEAs what is going "Wrong"???

Lawrence Houston  --  (ubuntu at greenfield.dyndns.org)