System Settings Missing in 12.04

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 27 07:38:56 UTC 2012

On 27 April 2012 00:11, Barry Premeaux <bpremeaux at gmail.com> wrote:
> Just installed 12.04 on my laptop (Axis K601). Systems Settings is missing
> from the upper right of the screen. Checked screen settings and they are
> correct. Haven't figured out how to configure the upper panel. Didn't find
> it in System Settings. How can I correct this?

Do you mean the cog in the top right hand corner is missing, or that
System Settings is missing from the drop down from the cog?

Are the other items in the top panel ok?  Time, User, Network, Sound etc.

I don't necessarily know the answer in either case but lets get the
problem clear first.

Any rude message is syslog (run Log File Viewer)?

Colin