can't install ubuntu 11.10 or any other version on my asus x43t laptop{procesr amd A6,and graphics radeon 6500M}

Steve Flynn anothermindbomb at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 16:10:27 UTC 2012

On 24 April 2012 14:59, nidhin das <nidhindas33 at gmail.com> wrote:
> when i reboot the system i can see 4 options
> 1) ubuntu 11.10 generic
> 2)ubuntu 11.10 textmode or recovery
> 3) mem test
> etc..
>
> when i enter to generic the dispaly become off.. i can simply log in to the
> system in text mode.
> can i install the above driver from the pendrive in text mode? how? plz help

At the menu, highlight option 1 and edit the boot options.

find "quiet" and "splash" and change to "noquiet" and "nosplash"  and
also add "nomodeset"

Now boot that configuration.

Hopefully you'll get either some indication what the problem was or
you'll eventually get a displayed screen. Let us know what the outcome
is.

you might find reading this helps:
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-in/2011-July/010675.html

--