next thunderbird release

Graham Watkins shellycat.gw at ntlworld.com
Sun Apr 22 09:53:35 UTC 2012

On 22/04/12 02:30, Ric Moore wrote:
> On 04/20/2012 10:55 PM, terry l wrote:
>> i have d/l the next release and had to unzip it since it wasn't an
>> apt-get or rpm. i do not know what to do next. any help?
>
> Why not just install it from the repos?? Usually, when you go other
> places to get your software and it breaks, you get to keep both
> pieces. Tbird is working fine for me, straight from Ubuntu. No sweat. Ric

I suspect your problem is similar to the one I had - see recent thread:
"Thunderbird Upgrade - Should I?"

The best thing you can do is open a terminal and type the following
commands:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:mozillateam/thunderbird-stable

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install thunderbird

This should give you the most up to date version

Then delete the (now superfluous) tarball

This is what was suggested to me in the above mentioned thread and has
worked well for me.

Cheers,

Graham