need to restore deleted partitions, system still running

Jason Paul Joines jason at joines.org
Sat Apr 21 23:52:45 UTC 2012

     I'm using Kubuntu 11.04.  By mistake I just deleted all four of my
 partitions and created one big one.  I wasn't paying attention and
 thought I was working on a USB stick instead of my hard drive.

     At any rate, the system is still running and the kernel is still
 aware of the old partition scheme as it is displayed in
 /proc/partitions.  It'll be hosed at the next reboot though as it'll
 read the new partition table from disk.  Is there any way to restore the
 original partition table from /proc/partitions to disk?

 Jason