Anyone using the backported kernels on Lucid? I'm seeing driver problems.

Jeff G. jeff.g.group at att.net
Fri Apr 20 03:28:01 UTC 2012

On 04/19/2012 09:13 AM, Liam Proven wrote:
> I have been trying the backported Maverick, Natty&  Oneiric kernels on Lucid.
>
> The snag is that when installing Oneiric
> (linux-image-generic-lts-backport-oneiric) I see a bunch of errors
> about certain Realtek drivers not being installed, and when installing
> the Natty kernel (linux-image-generic-lts-backport-natty), I get
> similar ones about certain graphics drivers:

using 3.0.0-17-generic #30~lucid with -duh- lucid and an ancient nVidia.
  using nVidia  driver - no issues.

not what you asked but an indication, given the normal weeping and
gnashing of teeth that go with anything nVidia.  I had problems with a
realtek card using bodhi with a higher kernel, solved by going to mfg
site and upgrading driver.

radeon I don't know squat about.