ubuntu-users Digest, Vol 92, Issue 50

nidhin das nidhindas33 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 16:03:25 UTC 2012


On 04/17/2012 07:59 AM, Jared Norris wrote:
> On 17 April 2012 21:52, ajay kulkarni<anku.manasa at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Hi, I heard that pre-orders for the official Ubuntu 12.04 LTS CD and USB are
>> now being taken, but I couldn't find the link for ordering for ubuntu
>> 12.04..... I need it as soon as possible. So can you tell me that where
>> should I order for ubunut 12.04?
>>
>> --
>> ubuntu-users mailing list
>> ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com
>> Modify settings or unsubscribe at:
>> https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
>>
>
> The one and only place for all your official merchandise needs -
> http://shop.ubuntu.com/
>
> I've made multiple orders through them and always found them great.

I've used On-disk.com and they offer a packed DVD, so you're not
downloading as much during install. They are good folks as well. Ric



--
My father, Victor Moore (Vic) used to say:
"There are two Great Sins in the world...
..the Sin of Ignorance, and the Sin of Stupidity.
Only the former may be overcome." R.I.P. Dad.
http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html


 Don't worry brother.. i heard that ubuntu 12.04 LTS will be avaliable
for download after this april 26.... we are all waiting for that....

On 4/18/12, ubuntu-users-request at lists.ubuntu.com
<ubuntu-users-request at lists.ubuntu.com> wrote:
> Send ubuntu-users mailing list submissions to
> 	ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com
>
> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
> 	https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
> 	ubuntu-users-request at lists.ubuntu.com
>
> You can reach the person managing the list at
> 	ubuntu-users-owner at lists.ubuntu.com
>
> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> than "Re: Contents of ubuntu-users digest..."
>
>
> Today's Topics:
>
>    1.  (A. Jorge Garcia)
>    2. Re: Thunderbird Upgrade - Should I? (Graham Watkins)
>    3. Fwd: can't install ubuntu 11.10 or any other version on my
>       asus x43t	laptop{procesr amd A6,and graphics radeon 6500M}
>       (nidhin das)
>    4. Archive manager slowing my computer down. (Adnane)
>    5. Re: Fwd: can't install ubuntu 11.10 or any other version on
>       my asus	x43t laptop{procesr amd A6,and graphics radeon 6500M}
>       (OliWare (Gmail))
>    6. Re: request for assistance (Ric Moore)
>    7. Re: can't install ubuntu 11.10 or any other version on my
>       asus x43t	laptop{procesr amd A6,and graphics radeon 6500M}
>       (Steve Flynn)
>
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Message: 1
> Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2012 12:06:16 -0400 (EDT)
> From: "A. Jorge Garcia" <calcpage at aol.com>
> To: ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com,
> 	ubuntu-users-bounces at lists.ubuntu.com,
> 	ubuntu-users-owner at lists.ubuntu.com,
> 	ubuntu-us-ny-bounces at lists.ubuntu.com, 	umadran at gmail.com,
> 	updates at screencast-o-matic.com,	urner at alumni.princeton.edu,
> 	uscfrulebook at yahoo.com, vceder at gmail.com
> Message-ID: <8CEEACB27356094-2050-3A781 at webmail-m005.sysops.aol.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"; format=flowed
>
> http://www.openforsuccess.com/wp-content/themes/ofsnew/greats.htm?mwa.soa
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2012 18:26:57 +0100
> From: Graham Watkins <shellycat.gw at ntlworld.com>
> To: ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com
> Subject: Re: Thunderbird Upgrade - Should I?
> Message-ID: <4F8DA7E1.1080809 at ntlworld.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
>
> Hi All,
>
> I backed up my mail folders just in case and installed the version from
> the stable ppa as the tarball didn't come with a clear set of instructions.
>
> All my stuff is still there although I can't connect to my IMAP Virgin
> mailbox. However, I couldn't connect through my web browser either so I
> think it's a problem at their end.
>
> Thanks to all who replied.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Graham
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 3
> Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2012 23:19:18 +0530
> From: nidhin das <nidhindas33 at gmail.com>
> To: ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com
> Subject: Fwd: can't install ubuntu 11.10 or any other version on my
> 	asus x43t	laptop{procesr amd A6,and graphics radeon 6500M}
> Message-ID:
> 	<CACwnGE-kM4XNpVO+0P3d-kV-01TnQ0Qt_4uoNFYnM+tgvgGfNg at mail.gmail.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
>
>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 4
> Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2012 19:51:11 +0000
> From: Adnane <rabihadnane at gmail.com>
> To: ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com
> Subject: Archive manager slowing my computer down.
> Message-ID: <4F8DC9AF.30408 at gmail.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
>
> Hello Ubuntu fans,
>
> I have an issue with archive manager every time I try to extract
> something usually > 1GB that Ubuntu freezes specially Firefox,
>
> I have an I3 processor 2.x, 4 thread, 3 gigs of RAM, so I think it
> shouldn't happen, any advice ?
>
> thanks in advance!
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 5
> Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2012 21:51:24 +0200
> From: "OliWare (Gmail)" <oliware at gmail.com>
> To: "Ubuntu user technical support,	not for general discussions"
> 	<ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com>
> Subject: Re: Fwd: can't install ubuntu 11.10 or any other version on
> 	my asus	x43t laptop{procesr amd A6,and graphics radeon 6500M}
> Message-ID:
> 	<CADNHtzZzYuL_1YxJKR5f2fu59Co9BgKqWLC1ohSi+XPpPir4_g at mail.gmail.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
>
> And what errors do you receive ?
> Does the liveCD work?
>
> O.
>  Op 17 apr. 2012 19:50 schreef "nidhin das" <nidhindas33 at gmail.com> het
> volgende:
>
>>
>>
>> --
>> ubuntu-users mailing list
>> ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com
>> Modify settings or unsubscribe at:
>> https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
>>
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL:
> <https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-users/attachments/20120417/10f7bf2f/attachment-0001.html>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 6
> Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 02:03:39 -0400
> From: Ric Moore <wayward4now at gmail.com>
> To: "Ubuntu user technical support,	not for general discussions"
> 	<ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com>
> Subject: Re: request for assistance
> Message-ID: <4F8E593B.2080905 at gmail.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
>
> On 04/17/2012 07:59 AM, Jared Norris wrote:
>> On 17 April 2012 21:52, ajay kulkarni<anku.manasa at gmail.com>  wrote:
>>> Hi, I heard that pre-orders for the official Ubuntu 12.04 LTS CD and USB
>>> are
>>> now being taken, but I couldn't find the link for ordering for ubuntu
>>> 12.04..... I need it as soon as possible. So can you tell me that where
>>> should I order for ubunut 12.04?
>>>
>>> --
>>> ubuntu-users mailing list
>>> ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com
>>> Modify settings or unsubscribe at:
>>> https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
>>>
>>
>> The one and only place for all your official merchandise needs -
>> http://shop.ubuntu.com/
>>
>> I've made multiple orders through them and always found them great.
>
> I've used On-disk.com and they offer a packed DVD, so you're not
> downloading as much during install. They are good folks as well. Ric
>
>
>
> --
> My father, Victor Moore (Vic) used to say:
> "There are two Great Sins in the world...
> ..the Sin of Ignorance, and the Sin of Stupidity.
> Only the former may be overcome." R.I.P. Dad.
> http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 7
> Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 10:23:04 +0100
> From: Steve Flynn <anothermindbomb at gmail.com>
> To: "Ubuntu user technical support,	not for general discussions"
> 	<ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com>
> Subject: Re: can't install ubuntu 11.10 or any other version on my
> 	asus x43t	laptop{procesr amd A6,and graphics radeon 6500M}
> Message-ID:
> 	<CADKqPc8-nLvuZbakQrpHz-xhsVTY6STjcBsq667-Nyb8HEWorg at mail.gmail.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
>
> On 17 April 2012 18:49, nidhin das <nidhindas33 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Why not? What errors do you encounter?
>
> Not a great deal any one can do to help you, if you don't tell us what
> the problem is.
>
> --
> Steve
>
> When one person suffers from a delusion it is insanity. When many
> people suffer from a delusion it is called religion.
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> --
> ubuntu-users mailing list
> ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com
> Modify settings or unsubscribe at:
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
>
>
> End of ubuntu-users Digest, Vol 92, Issue 50
> ********************************************
>




More information about the ubuntu-users mailing list