Infrequently used printers

Rashkae ubuntu at tigershaunt.com
Sun Apr 15 16:04:17 UTC 2012

On 04/15/2012 10:49 AM, David Fletcher wrote:
> My reasoning is that because a laser printer's toner is a dry powder
> anyway, there's nothing to get dried out and cause the problems I'm
> experiencing with the inkjet.
>
> Can anybody with relevant experience of laser printers please enlighten
> me?

Your reasoning is very sound, and it would be a good idea.  My usual
suggestion is to get a small B&W laser printer (Brothers work well for
this task) and a color inkjet.  The Inkjet in this scenario would be
rarely used, but is the most flexible.  However, they are not expected
to be long lived devices.  The epson would be a bad choice here since
the jets are not designed to be replaceable.  Something like an HP would
be best for infrequent use, since the jets are replaced every time with
the cartridge.

But certainly, a colour laser would be maintenance free.