Home directory on desktop

David Fletcher dave at thefletchers.net
Tue Apr 10 23:04:28 UTC 2012

I'm running 12.04 on my Toshiba NB520.

I can't see how it can be associated, but I was trying out unpacking the
tar file from my network backup on the NB520 into a directory called
~/BackupTest/. When I was done, I deleted the contents of BackupTest.
Like I say, I can't see how it could be associated but then I saw that
~/Documents/ was gone along with the netbook copy of my Revelation
wallet file and the contents of ~/ are now being displayed on the
destop.

Putting the Documents directory back was easy, but I can't see how to
get the desktop to refrain from showing the contents of ~/.

Directions, please?

Dave