Ubuntu 12.x in a Lenovo S10-2?

Hooman hoomant at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 01:55:00 UTC 2012

Keith <squeeze <at> winnetworks.com> writes:

> On 03/04/12 17:40, John Conover wrote:
> > Anyone installed Ubuntu 12.xx in a Lenovo S10-2 netbook? Work OK?
> >
> >      Thanks,
> >
> >      John
> >
> Yep, having been running Ubuntu on it for the past 2-3 years no
> problems. Just did an inplace upgrade last week to 12 and works fine.
> The only comment I have is the cooling fan may need tweaking with Ubuntu
> vs Windows i.e. it runs hotter when booted up with Ubuntu.
>
> Hope this helps.
> Keith

Hi Keith,

I've upgraded to Ubuntu 12.04 LTS. It was a trouble, because of the transitional
path from 10.04 to 10.10, then 11.04 and 11.10... Anyways it's up and running;
the only problem I'm having is the suspend/wake-up issue.

I've tried all the ways I used before like setting intel_idle off, acpi scripts,
laptop-mode-tools package etc. NO LUCK!

Since you stated that you have no problem with it, I want to ask have you
tweaked anything to make suspend/wake-up working?

Regards,
Hooman