Heads Up for any US tax filers using Evince to read/save PDF's

Bahn, Nathan nathan.bahn at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 21:36:54 UTC 2012

On Fri, Apr 6, 2012 at 4:00 PM, katrina warsaw <katrina.warsaw at gmail.com>wrote:

> And .. what about "okular"? you can use it for view pdf. Please , read
> more before saying that.
> There are at least five programs for viewing pdf files in linux. Can you
> discover them?
> Use your package manager and search for "pdf"
>

> 2012/4/3 NoOp <glgxg at sbcglobal.net>
>
>> Seems that the maintainers of Evince aren't interested in
>> reviewing/assigning/fixing a bug that corrupts PDF files. See:
>> <https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/evince/+bug/897322>
>> [PDF saved forms are not compatible with Adobe Reader]
>>
>> So if you are in the final crunches of preparing your taxes using the US
>> IRS Form Fillable PDFs, I strongly recommed that you *not* use Evince in
>> the process. Download & install the linux version of Adobe Reader
>> instead... never thought I'd make that recommendation, but it is what it
>> is.

K.W.--

Maybe I misunderstood the original poster, but I believe that he was
stating that he was having a problem both changing and saving the
document.  If he says that there is a problem that can only be solved by
using Linux Adobe, then I believe him.

See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html ,
http://www.libreoffice.org/ & http://www.fsf.org/campaigns/opendocument (Nathan
Bahn)