update killed my sound AGAIN!!!

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 19:10:37 UTC 2012

On 04/04/2012 08:20 AM, John Rose wrote:
> Ric,
>
> I have a Intel Sandy Bridge Integrated Graphics Controller i.e. not nVidia. No
> edits made by me to alsa files in /etc.

Man, I really feel for you then. I WISH I had a clue. Especially if you
have done no hand edits and the stock install fails you. Since it is a
laptop I hesitate to recommend messing around in your bios to see if
there is some legacy IRQ issue. But, you might want to peek around in it
just to see if something appears out of whack. A live CD fails as well? Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html