Ubuntu list bounces?

Dave Woyciesjes woyciesjes at sbcglobal.net
Wed Apr 4 18:47:07 UTC 2012

On Wed, 04 Apr 2012 13:07:31 -0400, Dave Woyciesjes wrote:

 > 	Oh, by the way, when I initially went in to my subscription
settings,
 > there was a message stating that the list was receiving bounces from my
 > account.
 >
 > 	Understand now?

Do you understand that the problem is on your end and that from the very
first "test" post which came through that this was clear?  A single,
successful, post established that.  Further test posts are pointless
beyond the initial success.

-Thufir

	Uh, no, I have to disagree here. A single message that makes it to the
list, but not back to me does not make it "clear" that the issue is on
my end. You forget that once the list gets my message, it then has to
send an acknowledgement to me that it was recieved, and send my post out
to the whole list (which includes me). Both of those steps involve the
list's mailserver, some relays in between, my mailserver, and then my
mail client. Each of which could be goofing it up.
	Further testing is absolutely required to narrow down which is the cuplrit.
	You don't work on a computer help desk (or in any break/fix role), do
you? Or am I falling for a troll?

	At the beginning, yes, I knew that the first place to look was on my
end. And I did. Since I know that there are a number of variables that
could affect message handling; I followed a careful process to narrow
down where the issue is. That process necessitated sending multiple
messages to the list.
	After doing all that, I narrowed it down to somewhere between the
lists.ubuntu.com server, and my sbcglobal.net mailserver.
	Off-list I have been communicating with the list owners, who have been
helpful. Unfortunately, they are unable to get more detail. I have also
sent messages to the postmasters at lists.ubuntu.com, sbcglobal.net &
yahoo.com requesting thier assistance.

--
--- Dave Woyciesjes