Heads Up for any US tax filers using Evince to read/save PDF's

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Tue Apr 3 04:00:10 UTC 2012

Seems that the maintainers of Evince aren't interested in
reviewing/assigning/fixing a bug that corrupts PDF files. See:
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/evince/+bug/897322>
[PDF saved forms are not compatible with Adobe Reader]

So if you are in the final crunches of preparing your taxes using the US
IRS Form Fillable PDFs, I strongly recommed that you *not* use Evince in
the process. Download & install the linux version of Adobe Reader
instead... never thought I'd make that recommendation, but it is what it is.