Ubuntu and Skype

Peter Hillier-Brook phb at hbsys.plus.com
Mon Apr 2 19:14:37 UTC 2012

Has anyone else noticed that Skype no longer supports video calls via
Ubuntu (well, Kubuntu actually)? For that matter, neither does the
integrated Skype in my Sony internet capable TV. Switching to Windows 7
on the same hardware as my Kubuntu system, everything works as expected.

I should mention that the called system was running a Windows variant,
indicating to me that Linux is not wanted in the Skype environment. Is
it excessively paranoid to see the hand of Redmond here?

Peter HB