questions about xfce

Rashkae ubuntu at tigershaunt.com
Sun Apr 1 21:47:41 UTC 2012

On 04/01/2012 04:22 PM, Jay Ridgley wrote:

> 1. How do I remove the home, trash and file icons from my desktop I
> tried to edit a file ~/.config/xfce4/desktop/icons.screen0.rc and
> changed all the lines to comments (#  at the start of each line) but
> the file was rewritten upon restart.

Open the Xfce settings manager, click on Desktop item, Icons Tab.  (You
should also be able to right click on the deskop and choose "Desktop
Settings")

Remove the check mark for the icons you want to remove.

> 2. How to disable the screen saver lock? I configured it with the lock
> screen button unchecked, but that did not work.

That should do the trick, as far as I know.  Might you be instead
getting a screen lock from power saver mode? (suspend?) From the
Settings manager, go to Power  Manager, and select "Extended" from the
catagories column.  Uncheck Lock Screen