Kubuntu 11.10 beta2 : first impression(s)

Nicolas Kovacs info at microlinux.fr
Fri Sep 30 21:44:20 UTC 2011

Hi,

I just tested Kubuntu 11.10 beta2. Downloaded the Alternate CD and
inserted it in one of my sandbox machines, a no-name PIV 2.4 GHz PC with
512 MB RAM that must have run at least two dozen different Linux
distros, various versions of Slackware and FreeBSD, Gentoo, Arch,
openSUSE, CentOS, Fedora, Pardus and others.

Inserted the install CD, selected the language (F2) and the keyboard
layout (F3), chose to "Install" and... nothing. Screen went instantly
black, no boot message, and the PC froze.

Quality control anyone?

Niki Kovacs
7, place de l'église - 30730 Montpezat
Web  : http://www.microlinux.fr