Shuttleworth (SABDFL) wants to shutdown this ubuntu.user list

Ernest Doub hideserted at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 19:53:12 UTC 2011

On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 8:39 AM, rikona <rikona at sonic.net> wrote:

> Hello Nicolas,
>
> Thursday, September 29, 2011, 7:18:37 AM, Nicolas wrote:
>
> > I know there are other channels of communication, but like you, I
> > favor mailing lists for efficient troubleshooting.
>
> Agree. Lists are MUCH better.
>
> --
>
>  rikona
>

> IMHO what is needed is a parallel list for the OT/Social postings that is
closely linked with the technical list.
That way when a thread starts to wander people can be politely invited to
move it to the parallel list and nobody needs to have a blood pressure
spike.
It also gives an outlet for the more socially inclined to meet around a
common interest - promoting the fraternity of Linux users [all flavors].
I've seen what is going on here happen numerous times over the years.  It is
the internet equivalent of a head cold - things get all stuffed up, you feel
hot and bothered, and nothing seems to help [except Nyquil (tm) and lots of
rest] - no matter what you do nothing helps and it goes away in about two
weeks.
Shooting a mailing list in the head makes the problem go away but is a
really drastic solution for something that is temporary in nature.
ED

<http://linuxcounter.net/cert/544489.png>Accidental deaths by firearms
account for less than 1% of the 30,000.  There are three times as many
medical mistake deaths in the US than there are accidental gun deaths.
Perhaps we need safety locks on doctors and nurses?

<http://linuxcounter.net/cert/544489.png>