Unfair competition

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Thu Sep 29 00:29:22 UTC 2011

On 09/28/2011 04:25 PM, Edward avanti wrote:
> maybe the people who think this joke  only use one internet medium and thats
> ubuntu, they need to dramatically expand their horizon and see a big world
> out there in IT, it does exist, ubuntu doesnt even measure in percentage,
> its a drop in a tiny puddle, compred to the world size ocean of lists and
> forums and IT news out there

Probably won't matter much here shortly anyway:

http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2011/09/20/%23ubuntu-meeting.html#t11:00
Shuttleworth states that they should just shut the Ubuntu users list down:
http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2011/09/20/%23ubuntu-meeting.html#t11:10
[aiee, we should just shut that baby down]
http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2011/09/20/%23ubuntu-meeting.html#t11:44
[i'm happy to take the shutdown bullets on -users]
http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2011/09/20/%23ubuntu-meeting.html#t11:45
[even if it's of the 'last chance, fred's agreed to moderate, if (s)he
gives up, we shut down the list']