Unfair competition

Ernest Doub hideserted at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 19:29:17 UTC 2011

On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 10:29 AM, Nathan Bahn <nathan.bahn at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 2:38 AM, Tim Hanson <tjhanson at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> On Tuesday, September 27, 2011 12:34:22 pm Nathan Bahn wrote:

>> of

>> > I'm afraid that I don't get the joke.....
>> >
>> > :-(
>> Joke? Please explain.
>>

> The 1st sentence makes no sense; so if it's not a joke, then what is it?  I
> certainly don't know.
> See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html &
> http://www.libreoffice.org/ (Nathan Bahn)
>
> A.  Makes perfect sense if you have been following the thread from the
beginning.
B.  It isn't a joke.
Concerns have been raised about dual-boot configuration machines and the
ability to install Linux on new motherboards employing the UEFI Secure Boot
technology.
There was a very widely publicized case in the EU where Micro$oft was
prosecuted for illegally attempting to restrict competition through their
interdependent bundled software.
They paid a massive fine and had to make unbundled operating system software
available throughout the EU.
This new technology raises the same concerns and the OP is advising that the
appropriate EU official be notified ~now~ while it is still easy to fix
instead of after it is already deployed.

Any more questions?

<http://linuxcounter.net/cert/544489.png>Accidental deaths by firearms
account for less than 1% of the 30,000.  There are three times as many
medical mistake deaths in the US than there are accidental gun deaths.
Perhaps we need safety locks on doctors and nurses?

<http://linuxcounter.net/cert/544489.png>