[ADMIN] Additional moderator(s) sought for ubuntu-users list

Dave Woyciesjes woyciesjes at sbcglobal.net
Wed Sep 28 15:46:21 UTC 2011

Ric Moore wrote:
> On 09/27/2011 02:58 PM, Avi Greenbury wrote:
>> Cybe R. Wizard wrote:

>>> But didn't you, in your last post, opine:
>>> "Nobody's stopping anyone using it. This is just an attempt to make a
>>> technical support list be a technical support list."
>>>
>>> That doesn't jibe with what you've said in the post to which I now
>>> reply which supposes that to be the very reason for the new and
>>> heaver moderation, to stop people from using it.
>>>

>> I said anyone is allowed to use it, which is true. I didn't say that
>> anyone is permitted to do exactly as they wish on it, since they're not.
>>
>> As with most places, anyone is allowed in so long as they play by the
>> rules.
>>
> Avi, would you agree that your are actively participating in an
> off-topic non-technical thread because the topic matters to you? ....

[clipped]

	Hmmm, I would venture to say (and I have a feeling many agree) that
while this thread pushes the off-topic boundary as it not being about
Ubuntu tech support; it is a (barely) and important discussion to have
here, as it concerns the future & functionality of our neighborhood here.
	So ,yeah, I say it's on... But I'm not speaking for Avi....

--
--- Dave Woyciesjes
--- ICQ# 905818

  - from some guy in the internet.