key connection

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 28 11:28:18 UTC 2011

On 28 September 2011 12:12, Verde Denim <tdldev at gmail.com> wrote:
> been a while since i set this up, so please help me fill in the gaps...
>
> i set up a keypair on my laptop (ubu 11) and put the pub key on my server at
> home (ubu 11).
> i have RSAAuthentication set to 'yes' and AuthorizedKeysFile set to
> %h/.ssh/authorized_keys
> (does this mean that the keyfile should be in the subdir 'authorized_keys'
> ?)

No, you add your key (from your keyfile) to the end of the *file*
authorized_keys.  If it does not already exist then create it and just
put your key there.

> Yet, when I connect with
> ssh -2 -i ~/.ssh/id_rsa user at server
> it still asks for my login account password and not the key password...

There may be other issues as I do not know about using -i.
If still problems then you can get more info by using -v, -vv or -vvv

Colin

> What did I miss?
>
> Thanks (as always) for the help...

gplus.to/clanlaw