[ADMIN] Additional moderator(s) sought for ubuntu-users list

Dave Woyciesjes woyciesjes at sbcglobal.net
Tue Sep 27 19:40:38 UTC 2011

Cybe R. Wizard wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Sep 2011 19:35:38 +0100
> Avi Greenbury <lists at avi.co> wrote:
>
>> There's only a few users who habitually post
>> off-topic replies, and I suspect that the intended effect is precisely
>> for them to leave...
>
> But didn't you, in your last post, opine:
> "Nobody's stopping anyone using it. This is just an attempt to make a
> technical support list be a technical support list."
>
> That doesn't jibe with what you've said in the post to which I now
> reply which supposes that to be the very reason for the new and
> heaver moderation, to stop people from using it.
>
> Cybe R. Wizard -but only 'certain' undesirables, right?

	Only if you don't read it through properly, and keep in mind that this
list was created with a specific focus.
	No one is being stopped from using it *for what it was created for*.

	Your comments sound like someone who gets upset when they are told that
they can't use a baseball bat to bash in someone's head.

--
--- Dave Woyciesjes
--- ICQ# 905818

  - from some guy in the internet.