[ADMIN] Additional moderator(s) sought for ubuntu-users list

Dave Woyciesjes woyciesjes at sbcglobal.net
Tue Sep 27 19:34:35 UTC 2011

Cybe R. Wizard wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Sep 2011 19:25:10 +0100
> Avi Greenbury <lists at avi.co> wrote:
>
>>> Oh, wait, Ubuntu is the Linux for Human Beings except for you and
>>> you and...
>> Nobody's stopping anyone using it.
>
> ...yet.  What do you think moderation is all about?  Friendliness?

	Nope. Not one bit. It's about keeping conversation in the right
direction; keeping people from getting in the weeds.

> Hardly, someone who shall remain nameless has decided that some
> viewpoints aren't desirous and are attempting to stop their
> dissemination.  What else can it possibly be for?

	Actually, if you poke around the Ubuntu & Canonical websites, I'm sure
you will find those names. When they created this list, they decided
that thier list shall have a certain focus on the topics discussed. So
by that design, of course certain (many?) viewpoints are not desirous on
this list.
	Other places, however, I'm sure they are welcomed.

> BTW, where are Karl Larson, Space Ghost, Res, ...?
>
> Cybe R. Wizard -can y ou say, "moderated away?"

	Karl? Sure... His posting of dangerously incomplete  & incorrect
information was bad.
	Space Ghost & Res? Dunno, but they did provide good information...
--
--- Dave Woyciesjes
--- ICQ# 905818

  - from some guy in the internet.