Nvidia driver problem

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Tue Sep 27 05:48:56 UTC 2011

On 27/09/11 13:32, Goh Lip wrote:
> On 27/09/11 09:24, Basil Chupin wrote:
>>>>
>>> People used to use "dpkg --configure xserver-xorg", but this doesn't
>>> serve much use anymore.
>>>
>>> For nvidia specifically though there is:-
>>>
>>> "sudo nvidia-config" which will make a basic one.
>>>
>>> Al.
>>
>> Ah, thanks, that's the one. I'll write this into my "little black book"
>> for future reference :-) .
>>
>> BC
>>
> As Nils wrote somewhere here, shouldn't this be
> sudo nvidia-xconfig
> not
> sudo nvidia-config    ?
>
> Regards - Goh Lip

"*.config" or "*.xconfig" - who cares after several martinis[1]? :-D .

But, Nils is correct - one must always the x factor in the configuration.

[1]  If you REALLY want to get plastered then you need to try a martini
called El Presidente. Two of those should see you thru till the next
morning :-) . A friend and I drank 6 of them one evening, and I drove
home with 1 covered and even then I drove between the 2 roads I was
looking at; and the bed flew around the world several times before I
fell asleep. Made with 50% Gin, 50% Vermouth (dry or sweet; dry, use an
olive, sweet, use a cherry) and with a dash of Curacao, served in a
chilled martini glass. (A real LO. NO need to add no rohypnol stuff.)
See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vermouth .

BC

--
You can always count on Americans to do the right thing - after they've tried everything else.
                                 Sir Winston Churchill