asking for login name on install

G. pegngaryubuntu at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 15:53:52 UTC 2011

On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 5:11 PM, Nicolas Kovacs <info at microlinux.fr> wrote:
> Le 26/09/2011 15:43, G. a écrit :
>>
>> Tried doing nothing at
>> all for 10 minutes.  Nothing happened.
>
> Same here :o)
>
> --
> Microlinux - Solutions informatiques 100% Linux et logiciels libres
> 7, place de l'église - 30730 Montpezat
> Web  : http://www.microlinux.fr
> Mail : info at microlinux.fr
> Tél. : 04 66 63 10 32

Sorry about the ambiguities.

I booted from a live cd with Ubuntu Natty- I used Startup Disk Creator
to make the usb and CD (I tried both ways).  I did the following: 1)
trying ubuntu without installing.  It took me to the previously
referenced login screen.  I tried Alan's suggestions without success.
2) I tried to install ubuntu.  Same results.  I tried Alan's
suggestions without success.  I would in both cases get a login screen
asking for a login name and then it asked for a password.

Perhaps this clears up the matter?

gary