What does means "Re: <slightly OT>...." in the subject ? ...

Gilles Gravier ggravier at fsfe.org
Mon Sep 26 13:56:35 UTC 2011

Hi!

On 26/09/2011 15:52, Jaime Jaramillo wrote:

> Sorry for the questions I´m newbie,  but: What does means "Re:
> <slightly OT>...." in the subject ?.
>
> thank you

OT means "Off Topic". It's a way of saying "I know what I'm posting
doesn't really fit within the charter of this list, but I'm still
posting it, because - probably - I think it still interests most people
here."...

Of course some times it just means "I don't care that it's not the topic
for this list, I just wanted to say it. Here." :)

Gilles.