Nvidia driver problem

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 06:41:57 UTC 2011

On 09/26/2011 01:10 AM, Jon Anderson wrote:
> There is a /etc/X11/xorg.conf file but there is no driver listed in it.
> So should I still
>
> sudo nvidia-settings
>
> ... then you'll be able to save the settings and it will write an
> xorg.conf file for you, to make them permanent
>
> Or will that just overwrite the xorg.conf file that I might need for
> something else

Right now, I'd go with that and let it re-write your xorg.conf file.
Otherwise, you might have to check your bios, as I mentioned, to see if
you have the onboard video adapter enabled so it's just not completely
seeing your nVidia card. The onboard video does need to be ~disabled~ so
there is no conflict between the two.

With your model number and a google, there should be someone out there
that has experienced what you are going through and might have a remedy
for it.  Or, remove the nVidia card and do what you can with that
builtin chip set. An eMachine can be hell to deal with. Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html