New motherboard Biostar A780L3L CD-ROM DRIVE Connection???

Larry Shields larryesu at gmail.com
Sat Sep 24 17:51:40 UTC 2011

On 09/24/2011 11:56 AM, Ioannis Vranos wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 24, 2011 at 2:52 PM, Larry<larryesu at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> *I have a new biostar motherboard, now I have all of the connections
>> installed, except for my CD-rom&  DVD writers, might anyone out there also
>> have the same board, and could tell me where it is located...??? I see no
>> empty slots left and the company will not be open until monday, so I am
>> hoping that just maybe someone has the answer for me...
>
> It is highly unusual that a new motherboard not coming with a manual,
> either printed or in a CD ROM. Have you checked for any of them?
>
> In addition, motherboard manuals are usually available in the Internet too.

*Well it did com with a manual, yet it says nothing about where the
cd/dvd cable goes...Yet I am thinking that since it is an IDE type it
has to be connected to the IDE connector for which has a cable with
three harddrives connected...If this is the case and the only place to
connect it too then I must loose two of my harddrives...At this point I
am only guessing, yet looking at my old motherboard it has two slots
IDE1 & IDE2, so I must have used the IDE1 for my harddrive connections,
and IDE2 went for my CD-writer & my DVD rewriter...I really bet that was
how I had it then...But with this new motherboard it only has one IDE
slot...Guess I am out of luck on using it the way I had it prior...

Thanks for the reply

Larry
*