KDE and akonadi FIXED

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 20:23:51 UTC 2011

On 09/23/2011 08:09 AM, R Kimber wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Sep 2011 02:51:53 -0700
> Craig White wrote:
>
>> Still - all that said, why are you using KDE if you don't use it's
>> integration at all?
>
> One might have all kinds of reasons.  I'm using it because normal Ubuntu
> has screen corruption when I switch desktops, and it's unlikely to be fixed
> any time soon.  It doesn't happen with KDE plasma (or at least  it hasn't
> happened yet).

XFCE is behaving nicely ...so far. You might give it a whirl and speed
up your machine as well. Not a bad bargain. I'm done with KDE. After
years of using it, it was like getting a divorce from a partner gone
bad. While it's sad, it's also a relief. <grins> Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html