Ubuntu 11.10 Beta 2 (Oneiric Ocelot) Released

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Fri Sep 23 02:43:47 UTC 2011

On 09/22/2011 06:59 PM, Ioannis Vranos wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 4:47 AM, Basil Chupin <blchupin at iinet.net.au> wrote:
>> On 23/09/11 11:12, Ioannis Vranos wrote:
>>>
>>> My review of Ubuntu 11.10 Beta 2, for those that care:
>>>
>>> https://plus.google.com/107565911763363688537/posts/ZANsn9L7Nru
>>
>> Well, you have just done some serious raining on the parade :-D .
>>
>> (BTW, was that the 32- or the 64-bit version you were trialling?)
>

> 32-bit version.

Oneiric appears to be the 'Crash Dummy'. But hey, what's new? All
attention is glued to getting this release out on time. By hook, by
crook, and all other bugs be damned, they'll release on time. It'll be
great, you'll love it, and all current bugs will be
dropped/stalled/ignored unless you upgrade to 11.10. Nothing new here...
move along.

I think the link that Florian Diesch provided in the "Is it possible
change 11.04 program list as 10.10?" thread pretty much sums it up. The
"Align your applets correctly:" bit simply amazes me. Anyone who has
been testing Oneiric and has tried to move *anything* on the top panel
has to figure this to be the craziest bit of all.