problem in rendering of hindi fonts on chrome
glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Thu Sep 22 21:00:08 UTC 2011
On 09/22/2011 12:36 PM, Tapas Mishra wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 12:26 AM, NoOp <glgxg at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>> On 09/22/2011 03:38 AM, Alan Pope wrote:
>>> On 22 September 2011 11:32, Tapas Mishra <mightydreams at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>> Here is the page in problem on Chrome
>>> Neither of those links work for me. "Sorry, that page was not found."
>> Works for me.
>>>> the link which I tried is http://in.jagran.com but this problem is
>>> Neither does that link work.
>> That should be:
>> And I can confirm what Tapas is seeing, both in Chrome (14.0.835.186) &
>> Chromium (13.0.782.215 (Developer Build 97094 Linux) Ubuntu 10.10). The
>> page renders find in SeaMonkey (2.4b3) and FireFox (6.0.2).
>> Tapas: file a bug report against chromium.
> Done https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/chromium-browser/+bug/856736
Possibly related upstream:
[Hindi font problem on Ubuntu when using custom fonts.conf file]
Also see (from the above bug report):
I tested on a fairly clean Natty partition. With
ttf-mscorefonts-installer installed, the http://www.bbc.co.uk/hindi/
renders per the bug report. I purged ttf-mscorefonts-installer,
restarted chromium and the results are the same. Note: I've no custom
~/fonts.conf so this doesn't seem to be the issue (with me).
More information about the ubuntu-users