System locking up

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 18:23:58 UTC 2011

On 09/22/2011 09:48 AM, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 23:43, Ric Moore<wayward4now at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Export everything safely, then remove firefox ~totally~. Re install it.
>> Should work.
>
> Oh, I remember Windows!
>
> I understood that in Linux-bases OSes instead of reinstalling one
> should simply erase $HOME/.app instead of reinstalling, as a reinstall
> will just install what is already there.
>
> In any case, there is no way to export the Firefox tags, which is a
> feature that I use heavily. Otherwise I would have started with a
> clean ~/.mozilla long ago.
>

>> I'd be careful which set of mozilla playback plugins are used.
>> You might have several fighting over the same function. I only have
>> totem-mozilla and gnome-do-plugins installed, and not all of the rest of
>> them, from my clean'ish install.
>>
>> I used to hammer the entire lot in. That ended in tears. :) Ric
>>

> I currently have no plugins activated, not even Flash!

Maybe Firefox just doesn't like you? You must be firm. Remember I fixed
my Logitech mouse with the blunt end of a heavy duty industrial
flashlight? It works now.

In your case, completely delete the SOB, to show it who is boss. Bite
the bullet, you can re-create the feature you like. It's just all in the
doing it. Otherwise your computer will not show respect in the future.

"My computer is evil and I am mean." <grins> Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html